Participant registration for TiM2023 is currently closed. We already reached the limit of participants.
There will probably be some fluctuation, so single spots might get available. You can add your e-mail-address to the waiting list here and be notified if a spot becomes available.
“Trends in Microscopy” (TiM), the biennial conference of GerBI-GMB, alias GerBI-GMB Spring School, is an intense microscopy training camp offering hands-on workshops and scientific talks from distinguished guest speakers. The program also covers fundamentals of optics and practical sessions on image analysis.
Participants will reside at the conference site, a nicely renovated ancient military base immersed in the unspoiled landscape of the Biosphere Reserve Swabian Alb, for the whole week. TiM2023 addresses in particular Ph.D. students, Postdocs, and Core Facility members.
Please find further information and impressions here, or have a look at twitter (#TiM2020).
- October 2022: feedback for workshop applicants
- November 2022: registration for TiM2023 opens
- February 2023: feedback for poster and talk abstract submissions
Speakers at TiM2023
Here is the preliminary workshop list (click on the image to enlarge it):
We will open the workshop registration in the first week of March 2023 only for registered participants.
If you are interested to submit a workshop for next TiM2025, feel free to have a look at our workshop submission checklist for preparation.
Registration for TiM2023 is closed.
The size for posters is limited to width 125 cm x height 155 cm.
We offer accomodation for academic participants directly at Albgut in basic double rooms. Industry participants are kindly asked to book accomodation for themselves in the vicinity of the event location (e.g.: Hotel Herrmann in Münsingen, Gasthof Hirsch in Auingen, Landhotel Wiesenhof in Heroldstatt, Hofgut Hopfenburg in Münsingen (tiny houses & circus wagons), …).
Data Management at TiM2023
At the TiM conference, the I3D:bio team intends to provide an OMERO-based framework for the on-premise FAIR data management during the meeting. We invite all conference participants and workshop providers to form a collaborative on-site test case for the practical application of FAIR data management for different imaging modalities or image analysis approaches. Read the official announcement here.
We thank the TiM2023 sponsors:
Scientific Program Board
- Francesca Bottanelli – FU Berlin
- Christian Eggeling – LPHT Leipzig
- Ulrike Endesfelder – Uni Bonn
- Maren Engelhardt – JKU Linz
- Jan Huisken – Uni Göttingen
Coordinator: Ralph Palmisano – Uni Erlangen
This e-mail address redirects to the TiM2023 organizing commitee:
- Roland Nitschke – Uni Freiburg
- Christian Feldhaus – MPI Tübingen
- Hella Hartmann – TU Dresden
- Martin Stöckl – Uni Konstanz
- Olaf Selchow – Microscopy & BioImaging Consulting
- Silke Tulok – TU Dresden
- Stefan Terjung – EMBL Heidelberg
- Stefanie Weidtkamp-Peters – Uni Düsseldorf
- Thomas Zobel – Uni Münster
- Elisa May – DKFZ Heidelberg
- Ralph Palmisano – Uni Erlangen
- Janina Hanne – German BioImaging – GMB e.V.