Structure, Governance and Steering bodies
The “German BioImaging - Gesellschaft für Mikroskopie und Bildanalyse e.V” (GerBI-GMB, Society for Microscopy and Image Analysis) was founded as a registered non-profit association on April 28, 2017 in Konstanz, Germany.
- General Assembly: The supreme body that decides on general framework.
- Board: Legal representative(s) of the association. Responsible for day-to-day work and operating within the general framework.
- Advisory Board: Includes company representatives who provide advice to the Board.
Further groups within the society are:
The General Assembly represents the highest level of decision making within the society.
Minutes of past General Assemblies can be accessed in the following section and are only visible to logged members.
The board was elected for a two year period at the General Assembly of the Society on March 14th 2018. Only individuals or representatives of institutional members can be elected to the board. The board legally represents the association and is responsible for day-to-day work within the guidelines of the Statutes and the general assembly.
- Chair: Stefanie Weidtkamp-Peters
- Head of Center for Advanced Imaging (CAi), Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf
- Vice Chair: Elisa May
- Head of Bioimaging Center (BIC), University of Konstanz
- Treasurer: Stefan Terjung
- Operational Manager of the Advanced Light Microscopy Facility (ALMF) at the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), Heidelberg
- Secretary: Hella Hartmann
- Head of Light Microscopy Core Facility, Center for Molecular and Cellular Bioengineering (CMCB), TU Dresden and BioDIP Coordinator
- Committee member and vice secretary: Steffen J. Sahl
- Department of NanoBiophotonics at the MPI for Biophysical Chemistry, Göttingen
- Committee member and Industry Coordinator: Roland Nitschke
- Head of Life Imaging Center (LIC), University of Freiburg
- Committee member and vice treasurer: Christian Feldhaus
- Core Facility Manager, MPI for Developmental Biology, Tübingen
The Advisory Board is open to individual and corporate members, who are elected by the General Assembly.
- Ralf Palmisano (Speaker)
- Head of Optical Imaging Centre Erlangen (OICE)
- Member of the Board of Directors of Core Technologies for Life Sciences (CTLS)
- Fellow Royal Microscopical Society
- Overseas Fellow Royal Society of Medicine
- Jan Peychl
- Head of Light Microscopy Facility at the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Dresden (MPI-CBG)
- Member of the Advisory Board of Czech-BioImaging (vice-chair)
- Christian Kukat
- Head of FACS & Imaging Core Facility at the Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing
- Member of The International Society for Advancement of Cytometry (ISAC)
- Bastian Hülsmann
- Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
- Olympus: Ivano Romano
- Sales Manager Central Life Sciences
- Leica: Dorothee Schroth
- Sales Manager D/A/CH Confocal Laser Scanning Microscopy
- Zeiss: Herbert Schaden
- Head of Regional Sales D, A, CH - ZEISS Research Microscopy Solutions
- Nikon: Martin Kiesel
- Regional Sales Manager South