During "Trends in Microscopy2020 - German BioImaging Spring School " a group of imaging core facility managers came together for a spontaneous workshop to discuss possible measures for protecting staff and users from a COVID19 infection during their work in the facility. The outcome of this workshop are the German BioImaging Recommendations for operating imaging core facilities during the SARS-Cov-2 pandemic. The document, first published on 18th of March 2020 has been revised on 01 April 2020 and is now endorsed by the DGE, German Society for Electron Microscopy, the DGZ, German Society for Cell Biology and the DGfZ, German Society for Cytometry.
From the preamble:
Thank you very much to the contributors:
- Steffen Dietzel, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
- Hans Fried, German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) in Bonn
- Angela Naumann, University of Freiburg
- Roland Nitschke, University of Freiburg
- Pawel Pasierbeck, IMBA Institute of Molecular Biotechnology in Vienna
- Jan Peychl, MPI of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics in Dresden
- Britta Schroth-Diez, MPI of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics in Dresden
- Martin Stoeckl, University of Konstanz
- Stefan Terjung, European Molecular Biology Laboratory in Heidelberg
- Roland Thuenauer, Centre for Structural Systems Biology in Hamburg
- Silke Tulok, Technical University of Dresden
- Tobias Rasse, MPI for Heart and Lung Disease in Bad Nauheim
- Elisa May, University of Konstanz
In a second step, these recommendations were published as a paper in Cytometry Part A.
This section including the linked PDF document is only visible to logged members.
On 19th of March 2020, a survey was created to collect information on which Core Facilities are open, closed, or are only accessible under restrictions during the Covid19 pandemic. Please find the result of the survey in the following PDF-file (multiple entries from the same person were removed):