Structure, Governance, Steering bodies
The “German BioImaging - Gesellschaft für Mikroskopie und Bildanalyse e.V” (GerBI-GMB, Society for Microscopy and Image Analysis) was founded as a registered non-profit association at April 28, 2017 in Konstanz, Germany. The society has its main office in Konstanz at University of Konstanz. The statutes were signed at the founding assembly and by which the society’s structure and governance was defined.
- General Assembly: The supreme body, decides on general framework.
- Board: Legal representative(s) of the association, responsible for day-to-day work, acting within general framework.
- Advisory Board: includes company representatives, provides advice to the Board.
Further organs of the society are:
- Workgroups: more information can be found in our workgroup section
- Office: management of the societies interests and legal matters
The General Assembly represents the highest level of decision within the society.
The General Assembly is planned to be held alternately at the CF managers meeting (link to CF managers meeting page) and at the conference “Trends in Microscopy” (TiM)
The board was elected on the general Assembly of the Society on March 14th 2018 for a two year period. Only individual or representatives of institutional members can be elected to the board. The board legally represents the association and is responsible for day-to-day work following the guidelines of the Statutes and the general assembly.
• Chair: Elisa May
Head of Bioimaging Center (BIC), University of Konstanz
• Vice Chair: Roland NitschkeHead of Life Imaging Center (LIC),
University of Freiburg
• Treasurer: Stefan Terjung
Operational Manager of the Advanced Light Microscopy Facility (ALMF) at the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), Heidelberg
• Secretary: Hella Hartmann
Head of Light Microscopy Core Facility, Center for Molecular and Cellular Bioengineering (CMCB), TU Dresden and BioDIP Coordinator
• Committee member: Steffen J. Sahl
Department of NanoBiophotonics at the MPI for Biophysical Chemistry, Göttingen
• Committee member: Stefan Helfrich
Academic Alliance Manager at KNIME GmbH, NEUBIAS Management Committee Member)
• Committee member: Christian Liebig
Core Facility Manager, MPI for Developmental Biology, Tübingen
The Advisory Board is open to individual and corporate members, who are elected by the General Assembly.
- Ralf Palmisano (Speaker)
- Head of Optical Imaging Centre Erlangen (OICE)
- Member of the Board of Directors of Core Technologies for Life Sciences (CTLS)
- Fellow Royal Microscopical Society
- Overseas Fellow Royal Society of Medicine
- Jan Peychl
- Head of Light Microscopy Facility at the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Dresden (MPI-CBG)
- Member of the Advisory Board of Czech-BioImaging (vice-chair)
- Christian Kukat
- Head of FACS & Imaging Core Facility at the Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing
- Member of The International Society for Advancement of Cytometry (ISAC)
[Link to Minutes only intern visible!]