The light microscopy facility at the Max-Planck-Institute for Developmental Biology offers a variety of methods and equipment to retrieve all the visible information available from your specimen, let it be animal, plant or single cells, and to uncover biological structures or processes.
Free capacities on our instruments can be used by external users, please get in contact if you're interested.
HEAD OF GROUPChristian Feldhaus
- Laser Scanning Confocal (LSM)
- Fluorescence Correlation Spectroscopy
- Image Analysis
- 2-photon Scanning Confocal (2-P)
- High Speed Confocal (more than 20 Hz full frame)
- Laser ablation techniques
- We also host a high-end zoom-microscope, a microscope with epi-darkfield and several camera lucida devices.